Samsung Galaxy Ace explodes!
We’ve heard in the past about a couple of smartphones exploding. This applies to whether it’s Apple, Samsung, HTC and so on. It hasn’t been an incident that has happened often but when it does, it manages to be headline news in the technology world.
Surprisingly, there was a case reported about two months ago that was off the radar till now. CBS News has just released a report that an Ontoria University student, Hope Casserly was the unfortunate victim of a Samsung Galaxy Ace exploding. The worst part of the story is that she was sleeping right next to the phone when it decided to go KA-BOOM.
The Galaxy Ace was not plugged into a charger and was merely on the student’s nightstand when the battery exploded and her bed caught fire. Luckily, she managed to put the fire out with a pillow and wasn’t harmed.
The South Korean tech tycoon replaced the device with a brand new smartphone and has sent the damaged Galaxy Ace back to HQ for further investigation. The tech giant might also be paying damages for the damaged mattress and bedding as per Casserly’s request which is perfectly reasonable. The cost of the bedding and mattress would be about CAD 1000 (USD$/MYR).