A report has been published by Reddit that depicts an incident of a battery exploding while charging. This year has been the year of exploding mobile phones with a Samsung Galaxy Ace and iPhone 5 both causing flames and planes to be evacuated. This time around the culprit seems to be the LG G3.
Once again, fortunately no one was hurt. According to the report, the device was in the midst of charging when it suddenly combusted and filled the bedroom with smoke. It burnt a hole through the matter and the family was able to put out the flames with a fire extinguisher. There are a couple of pictures published with the report.
The battery and charger were original and from LG so third party products are not in question here. LG has commented to be taking the matter seriously, as it should be and the company should be reimbursing the affected individual especially for the mattress he had to throw out the window.