Malaysia’s own homegrown video on demand app is going through a facelift! iflix enters a new age with a major 3.0 update! The app revamps and optimises its user interface. That’s not all though! The streaming service is going FREE! Yeap… you read that right F-R-E-E!
How will it work? Well, it’s pretty simple. iflix will be offering part of their extensive catalogue of content for users to view under this new free plan. So what exactly will you be getting in this new free plan? Here’s a brief rundown:
- 1 Movie Every day! With their Movie of the Day feature, the company opens up their vast movie catalogue allowing you to watch some of their extensive movie catalogue.
- Bite sized, short form content from acclaimed local and regional studios such as QYou, Complex Media and iflix’s own Studio 2:15 with iflix Snacks.
- Catch the latest Liga Super, Piala FA, Piala Malaysia, Piala Sumbangsih matches between your favourite Malaysian Football teams with Football Malaysia.
- Keep track of what’s the latest on iflix with The Feed including all your favourite movies and series as well as celebrity interviews.
- Promotional episodes of your favourite marquee TV series and premium content. You’ll be able to taste before buying the VIP subscription.
- iflix Originals such as the upcoming KL Gangster: Underwold, Oi! Jaga Mulut and Coconuts TV.
- You’ll be able to Download & Watch Offline too!
“We are thrilled to now offer consumers across Malaysia a lifetime of movies, television, live sports and events, news and snackable content for free on iflix. This launch is a testament to our continued commitment to offer users the best entertainment experience possible, on a service created just for them, completely on their terms.”
– Diana Boo, Country Manager for Malaysia and Brunei
With all of these benefits, what’s the point of the subscription VIP tier? We were wondering that too. Speaking to iflix, we found out that you’ll be able to take advantage of all the features on Free tier as well a few more:
- Unrestricted access to the complete content catalogue. This also means all the other content that doesn’t get featured on Movie of the Day, iflix Snacks or The Feed.
- Special access to live broadcasts of sports events. For now, this only applies to Football Malaysia related content. But we’re hearing there’s a lot more coming in the near future.
- No Ads EVER! Yeap… the Free tier will contain ads which help keep the content there free. Become a VIP member and you’ll never see ads.
“Three years ago we set out to create a world class service with the world’s best content that was accessible to everyone in emerging markets, with iflix FREE we are much closer to achieving that goal. Now, no fan gets left behind. iflix FREE is a version that’s available to you as a user for free, always. You’re ‘Free to stay, free to play’ for life.”
– Mark Britt, iflix Group Co-Founder & CEO
Also published on Medium.