Fujifilm kicks-off today with their largest on-ground brand activation with their Shoot.Print.Share Fiesta that is held in conjunction with World Photography Day. Starting their day with a kick, they launched their new highly anticipated X-T2 mirrorless DSLR alongside their new instax SHARE Smartphone Printer SP-2. The point of the Fiesta though was to look back into history revealing the heritage of Fujifilm and their innovations.
The highlight of the day, obviously is the update of their highly successful X-T1. Their new “Creative Perfection” comes with a 24.3-megapixel X-Trans CMOS III APS-C sensor with no low-pass filter. According to Fujifilm, this is the highest performing X Series currently too. With the X-Processor Pro equipped in the camera Fujifilm says that the X-T2 can produce images with quality comparable to cameras with larger sensors and higher pixel count.
The one plus point of this new camera is of course its ability to shoot 4K (3,840 x 2,160) videos out of the box. This is still an amazingly rare feature on DSLRs of today. The 4K recording supports up to 29.97fps with a bitrate of 100Mbps which would allow for high-resolution footages.
Focus points also have been added up to 91-points from the previous 49-points in the X-T1. If you actually use the camera with its Vertical Power Booster Grip (VPB-XT2) the X-T2 can shoot at up to 11fps up to 75 frames.
instax SHARE Smartphone Printer SP-2
Alongside the highly anticipated X-T2, a smartphone printer is also launched. The instax SHARE Smartphone Printer SP-2 is a replacement model to the SP-1. The SP-2 will print credit-card sized instant photos from your smartphone via WiFi. Compared to the SP-1, the SP-2 prints these photos at a higher quality within 10-seconds.
The new SP-2 printer also comes with a new instax-SHARE app which allows users to use “custom filters” to adjust brightness, contrast and saturation of any image they wish to print. Using the “Collage Template” users can create a combined collage photo of up to four images of the users’ choice. If you like also the app has a “Split Template” feature which allows you to split one image into two photos for a more unique creative photo.
The Shoot.Print.Share Fiesta will be a four-day fiesta showcasing Fujifilm’s heritage and innovation throughout the years. The Fiesta will also be showcasing Fujifilm’s latest X-T2 mirrorless DSLR. Visitors will be able to have a full hands-on experience with the X-T2 while trying out Fujifilm’s high-quality Fujinon lenses. Of course there are other X-series cameras available on site too for you to try.
The four-day Fiesta also features a line-up of special activities arranged by Fujifilm including contests for you, visitors to take something home from the trip.
Fujifilm’s X-T2 is available at any authorised outlets and stores throughout Malaysia with a SRP of MYR7,688 (body only) and MYR8,988 (Body+XF18-55 kit lens). The instax SHARE Smartphone Printer is also available at any authorised outlets and stores throughout Malaysia retailing at MYR849. Gallery and press release after the break.
FUJIFILM Malaysia Rolls Out Biggest On-Ground Activation
To Unveil FUJIFILM X-T2 and instax SHARE Smartphone Printer SP-2 With A Showcase Of Heritage
Shoot.Print.Share Fiesta Delivers a Multi-dimensional FUJIFILM Experience
KUALA LUMPUR, 18 AUGUST 2016 – Fujifilm Malaysia today launched its largest on-ground brand activation – unveiling two exciting new offerings, Fujifilm X-T2 camera and instax SHARE Smartphone Printer SP-2 – while showcasing the company’s heritage of creating people-driven innovations in conjunction with World Photography Day.
Fujifilm Shoot.Print.Share Fiesta, held at Berjaya Times Square from August 18 to 21, aims to create a warm, welcoming and dynamic environment for guests to spend quality time exploring new ways to enjoy photography and raise the level of creative output to new heights.
Speaking at the launch of the fiesta, Fujifilm Malaysia Managing Director, Mr Yoshitaka Nakamura said the Shoot.Print.Share Fiesta celebrates the company’s heritage of creating people-driven innovations by presenting a broad spectrum of digital imaging products and services that help enhance the quality of life.
“Throughout the four-day festival, Fujifilm will together with our customers create fun memories by capturing beautiful moments, presenting enjoyable and personalised printing and facilitating the sharing of priceless moments,” he added.
The Fujifilm X-T2 is a speedy upgrade to the X-T1, which Fujifilm describes as “Creative Perfection” that uses advanced technologies to achieve premium image quality, outstanding operability and beautiful design reminiscent of traditional cameras.
Mr Nakamura said the Fujifilm X-T2 was one of the most anticipated cameras in Fujifilm’s history. The X-T2 houses the latest generation 24.3MP X-Trans CMOS III with an APS-C sensor with no low-pass filter, boasting the highest performance in the history of X Series.
The new X-T2 produces crisp image resolution comparable to that of cameras equipped with larger sensors and higher pixel counts, all in a more compact and classically-designed body.
And for the first time, the new Fujifilm X-T2 now supports 4K video recording that can use each available Film Simulation mode, including ACROS, to easily produce premium-quality footage that is as unique as the photographer behind the viewfinder.
“Since the introduction of our X-series mirrorless DSC in 2012, our sales in the Asia Pacific Region has grown significantly. Sales of our Fujifilm X-series camera jumped up 157% in 2015 compared to 2014. We are expecting demand for the X-series mirrorless camera to further increase by 20% this year,” Mr Nakamura said.
Meanwhile, new instax SHARE Smartphone Printer SP-2 is a smartphone printer which can print high-quality credit-card sized instant photos from smartphones in just 10 seconds.
“It serves as a smart bridge between the digital and analogue worlds. Our SP-2 brings to life your smartphone photos, instead of those memories stored away in a device,” Mr Nakamura added.
With a full range of Fujifilm instax cameras and instax Share SP-2, and the award-winning line of X Series digital cameras and high-quality lenses on display to touch and try, the four-day festival engages consumers in a creative and interactive way to deliver a multi-dimensional Fujifilm experience.
The Fiesta presents a line-up of special experiences and activities featuring Fujifilm’s diverse offerings including hands-on experience, photowalk contest, street action photoshoot (skateboarding performance), personalised photo printing offers, professional photo studio, instax workshop, makeup and hairdo service, large format printing display and more.
“Through the Shoot.Print.Share Fiesta, we will communicate to our consumers what our brand is all about. We trust everyone who comes to our event will be inspired to tap into their creativity and take home an unforgettable Fujifilm experience,” said Mr Nakamura.
FUJIFILM announces the ultimate mirrorless digital camera “FUJIFILM X-T2” that delivers creative perfection. The X-T2 offers outstanding image quality with FUJIFILM’s color reproduction formulated over 80 years, advanced AutoFocus functions and 4K high definition video.
AUGUST 18, 2016
FUJIFILM announces the ultimate mirrorless digital camera “FUJIFILM X-T2” that delivers creative perfection. The X-T2 offers outstanding image quality with FUJIFILM’s color reproduction formulated over 80 years, advanced AutoFocus functions and 4K high definition video.
FUJIFILM Corporation (President: Kenji Sukeno) is pleased to announce the release of the FUJIFILM X-T2 – the ultimate mirrorless digital camera that uses advanced technologies to achieve premium image quality, outstanding operability and beautiful design reminiscent of traditional cameras.
The X-T2 combines the sensor and image processing engine developed by Fujifilm, with an ultra-sharp range of FUJINON lenses for excellent image resolution. Fujifilm’s color-reproduction technology, formulated over 80 years, delivers images of unparalleled quality and realism, recording a subject’s textures, three-dimensional feel and even the atmosphere surrounding it.
The X-T2’s compact and lightweight camera body is also dust-resistant, water-resistant and capable of operating at temperatures as low as -10°C. Its autofocus and electronic viewfinder performance have both been substantially improved, making it more adaptable than ever before at shooting a moving subject under difficult conditions, such as sports or wildlife photography, which had previously been considered difficult with mirrorless cameras.
For the first time in the X Series, the X-T2 supports 4K video recording. The Film Simulation modes, used for still images, can be applied to video to easily produce premium-quality footage.
The X-T2’s design is modeled after the “central viewfinder style” of the FUJIFILM X-T1, which has been popular since its launch in 2014. This proven stable form factor provides a camera that is perfectly sized with ergonomic dials laid out exactly where they are needed for excellent, intuitive operability. Couple the X-T2 with the optional grip to provide a superior balance, especially when mounted with a telephoto lens. Immerse yourself in photography through the large viewfinder with the magnification ratio of 0.77x. The sense of perfect alignment from the center of your body to a subject through the lens creates an illusion that you have become one with the camera for the ultimate photographic pleasure.
The full lineup of 22 FUJINON lenses covers a wide range of focal lengths from ultra wideangle to ultra telephoto. The compact and lightweight lenses are all optimally designed for APS-C sensors, and incorporate standout features including large maximum aperture and powerful image stabilization to meet photographers’ diverse demands.
The X-T2 is to become the X Series’ flagship model along with FUJIFILM X-Pro2, the world’s only rangefinder-style camera with the Hybrid Multi Viewfinder, released in March this year. The two models deliver unparallelled performance in their distinctive fields, with the X-T2 excelling in portraiture, nature and sports photography, and the X-Pro2 ideal for snapshots and discreet documentary photography.
<Highlight features of X-T2>
- FUJIFILM’s excellent reproduction of colors and gradation of tones capture premium image quality in both stills and video recording
The X-T2 features the 24.3MP X-TransTM CMOS III*1, an APS-C sensor with no low-pass filter boasting the highest performance in the history of the X Series, as well as the X-Processor Pro high-speed image processing engine to deliver outstanding color reproduction and gradation of tones in both stills and videos with high ISO sensitivity and low noise. The Film Simulation modes, developed with Fujifilm’s philosophy of color reproduction nutured in over 80 years of photo film research, have further evolved to capture a subject’s textures, three-dimensional feel and even the atmosphere surrounding it.
The X-T2’s video function supports 4K video recording, which is the first in the X Series of cameras. Approx. 1.8 times the amount of information needed to produce a 4K video file (3840×2160) video is packed in to create stunning image quality.
- Fast response to capture a decisive moment with any type of subject
Basic response specifications, such as startup time, shooting interval and shutter release time lag, have all been improved to the extreme in pursuit of a camera that operates exactly as the photographer demands.
The high-speed processing power and the use of improved algorithms have significantly improved the basic autofocus performance, improving the focusing performance on points of light, low-contrast objects and subjects with fine and delicate textures such as bird feathers and animal fur, which have previously been the weakness of phase detection AF.
The X-T2 also features AF-C Custom Settings for even higher accuracy in focus-tracking moving subjects. You can customize settings to optimize AF characteristics according to the type of subject movements.
The electronic viewfinder, which is used to continuously track a moving subject, is capable of displaying up to 100 frames per second, while also maintaining the magnification ratio of 0.77x and the display time lag of 0.005 seconds. The duration of the viewfinder blackout, in which the live view display blacks out temporarily while the camera reads picture data, has been reduced by more than half, enabling up to 5fps, instead of 3fps in previous models, during continuous shooting in the Live View mode, a better option to ensure tracking subject movements.
- A perfectly balanced, compact, lightweight and rugged body, made possible with the APS-C sensor
The X-T2’s compact and lightweight body, weighing just 507g (including memory card and battery), is dust-resistant, water-resistant and capable of operating at temperatures as low as -10°C. The use of the APS-C sized sensor means the camera body mounts more compact and lightweight lenses, so that you only need a small camera bag to head out for all types of field photography.
Fit the optional Vertical Power Booster Grip (VPB-XT2) to shoot up to approx. 1,000 frames per charge.
- Practicality-oriented design that brings back the operability of traditional cameras
Mechanical dials are provided for intuitive operation of all basic camera settings, including the shutter speed, ISO sensitivity, exposure compensation, drive modes and metering modes. The settings can be instantaneously adjusted even when the camera is turned off, so that you can be always ready for the next shot. The rear panel of the camera body features the Focus Lever. This can be moved up / down, right / left and diagonally to make quick changes to the focus area for accurate focusing. The rear LCD screen is the X Series’ first three-direction tilting display, which tilts up and down when shooting in landscape, and upward when shooting in portrait. The screen remains positioned on the optical axis of the lens even when tilted, facilitating easy high-angle and low-angle shooting. When not tilted, it fits flush to the body to maintain its streamlined design.
- Supporting an appealing lineup of lenses, and perfect match for Fujinon Red Badge zooms
Of the diverse lineup of FUJINON lenses, the Red Badge zooms, namely XF16-55mmF2.8 R LM WR, XF50-140mmF2.8 R LM OIS WR and XF100-400mmF4.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR, are the perfect fit for the X-T2. Add the Vertical Power Booster Grip to the body for a more comfortable grip, while making additional features available for the entire system such as higher-speed AF and faster continuous shooting.
*1 X-Trans is Fujifilm’s trademark and registered trademark.
1．Product name, release date and pricing
Product name Release date Recommended retail price FUJIFILM X-T2 digital camera body Thursday, September 8, 2016 Open price FUJIFILM X-T2/XF18-55mmF2.8-4 R LM OIS digital camera and lens kit
(1)Integrating the image sensor boasting the highest resolution in the X Series, the high-speed image processing engine “X-Processor Pro” and image design technology developed from over 80 years of photo film production to achieve ultimate image quality in both stills and videos
- The X-T2 features Fujifilm’s 24.3MP X-TransTM CMOS III APS-C sensor. Its highly random pixel array effectively reduces moiré and false colors without the use of an optical low-pass filter. The elimination of the low pass filter, which is attributed to loss of image resolution, makes it possible to draw out FUJINON lenses’ true capabilities to the maximum extent. Coupled with the high-speed image processing engine “X-Processor Pro,” the X-T2 produces image quality comparable to that of cameras equipped with a larger sensor with higher pixel count, while also supporting 4K video recording.
- Fujifilm’s proprietary image design technology, produced through the development of photographic films, helps to reproduce warm skin tones, bright blue skies and rich green foliage in beautiful colors, just as you remember seeing in real life.
- The Film Simulation function now features the ACROS mode. Using X-Processor Pro’s advanced processing capability, the mode offers smooth gradation, deep blacks and beautiful textures to create monochrome images that far outperform the previous Monochrome mode.
- The X-T2 also has the Grain Effect function for reproducing distinctive graininess seen in photographs taken with film cameras. The function is available in “Strong” and “Weak,” and can be combined with any of the Film Simulation modes. You can easily obtain the effect of film-based photos, notable especially when the image is printed out.
- Despite having the pixel count 1.5 times that of the X-T1, the new device and its enhanced signal processing technology have successfully controlled digital noise even further. Improved ISO sensitivity means ISO12800, which was part of extended ISOs in X-T1, is now available as a regular ISO option. Even at ultra-high ISO settings, the camera produces low-noise images, reproducing deep blacks and smooth gradation of tones, capturing beautiful images even in low light conditions.
(2) X Series’ first support for 4K video recording
- 1.8 times the amount of information needed to produce 4K video (3840×2160) or 2.4 times required for full HD video (1920×1080) is packed in to create premium image quality with low moiré or artifacts. The X-T2 supports high video bitrate recording of 100Mbps for both 4K and full HD video, enabling high-resolution footage with minimal compression artifacts.
- The Film Simulation modes, popular for still images, can also be applied to video recording. For example, you can use “Classic Chrome” to add a documentary touch with subdued colors and rich tonality, or “ACROS” to produce stunning monochrome footage with smooth gradation of tones and deep blacks. Nine different modes are available for versatile photographic expressions.
Footage in a Film Simulation mode can be further fine-tuned with “Highlight Tone,” “Shadow Tone,” “Color” and “Sharpness” adjustments.
- In response to videographers’ demand, the X-T2 supports Clean HDMI output for 4K video recording, and also offers the “F-Log” log-gamma option, which takes advantage of the sensor’s wide dynamic range to record video in wide color gamut, facilitating video production workflow.
(3) Fast response to capture a decisive moment with any type of subject
Basic response specifications have been enhanced to the extreme in the X-T2. A startup time of 0.3 seconds, shooting interval of 0.17 seconds*2 and shutter release time lag of 0.045 seconds*2, ensure the camera operates exactly as the photographer intends.
- Improvement in basic AF performance
- The number of focusing points has been dramatically expanded from 49 in previous models to 91 (up to 325 points). 40% of the imaging area (center area containing 49 focusing points) is covered with phase detection AF pixels to form a fast and precise phase detection AF area that can be used in a variety of scenes.
- The high-speed processing power and the use of improved algorithm have allowed the camera to refocus more frequently in the Live View mode, enabling predictive AF of advanced accuracy.
- The X-T2 has an enhanced ability to autofocus on points of light, low-contrast objects and subjects with fine and delicate textures such as bird feathers and animal fur, which have been the weakness of phase detection AF.
- The performance of contrast detection AF, enabled for approx. 85% of the imaging area, has also been improved. The data read speed has been doubled compared to previous models to achieve AF performance of higher speed and precision. Accurate focusing is obtained even at the low light condition of -3EV.
- AF-C Custom Settings
・AF-C algorithm has been significantly improved for even higher accuracy when focus-tracking moving subjects in the AF-C mode. According to the type of movement, you can choose individual settings for “Tracking Sensitivity,” “Speed Tracking Sensitivity” and “Zone Area Switching,” or select one of five presets that combine specific settings for these three elements.
*2 When using the Boost Mode with the Vertical Power Booster Grip
3. Electronic viewfinder that has evolved to continue tracking moving subjects
- The X-T2’s 2.36-million-dot high-resolution organic EL electronic viewfinder has the magnification ratio of 0.77x and maintains the display time lag of just 0.005 seconds. With the maximum brightness doubled from previous models, the viewfinder features the Automatic Brightness Adjustment function so that it is easy to see even in intense backlighting. It has improved resolution in the Live View mode, and eliminates moiré or false colors to enable focusing with greater accuracy.
- The EVF refreshes at a rate of 60fps, or as high as 100fps in the Boost mode to deliver smooth display of movements. It can continue displaying a moving subject without interruption. The fast rate of refresh is maintained even in low light for easy framing during night shooting.
- The X-T2’s blackout time is less than half of that of the X-T1 due to the parallel processing of Live View display and fast shutter charging. This has enabled continuous shooting of 5fps in Live View, giving users the ability to easily continue tracking a moving subject.
(4) Compact, lightweight and rugged body in optimum balance
The X-T2’s body is fully made of magnesium alloy making it not only compact and lightweight, but also solid and highly durable. The body is weather-sealed at 63 points to achieve a high level of resistance to dust and moisture and, coupled with its ability to operate in temperatures down to -10°C, is ready for full-fledged field photography. Similar weather-sealing is applied to the dust-resistant and water-resistant lenses as well as Vertical Power Booster Grip to provide weather resistance across the entire system.
(5) Enhancement of basic performance with the use of the Vertical Power Booster Grip (VPB-XT2)
- The Vertical Power Booster Grip (VPB-XT2) is released at the same time as an optional accessory. It is dust-resistant, water-resistant and capable of operating at temperatures as low as -10°C. It fits two batteries, bringing the total number of batteries to three, including the one on the camera, to increase the maximum number of frames that can be taken per charge to approx. 1,000 (Normal mode). In the Boost mode, multiple batteries can operate at the same time to give a boost to camera performance in continuous shooting, shooting interval, shutter release time lag and blackout time, while also extending the duration of 4K video recording to approx. 30 minutes. It is an accessory that can maximize the performance of the X-T2.
- The Grip features the shutter release button, focus lever, AE-L button, AF-L button, command dials, Q button and Fn button to provide the same level of excellent operability in vertical shooting as you get in horizontal operation.
- The Grip also features a headphone jack to enable audio monitoring during video recording.
- The Grip itself has battery-charging functionality. Using the AC adapter supplied (AC-9VS), you can fully charge two batteries at the same time in approx. 2 hours.
(6) Practicality-oriented design that brings back the operability of traditional cameras
- Mechanical dials are provided for key operation, including the shutter speed, ISO sensitivity, exposure compensation, drive modes and metering modes. The settings can be adjusted even when the camera is turned off, so that you can be always ready for the next shot. For the prevention of operation errors, the dials for shutter speed and ISO sensitivity are equipped with a Lock & Release button, and are designed with extra height for operability improvement from X-T1.
- The rear panel of the camera body features the Focus Lever. This can be moved up / down, right / left and diagonally to make quick changes to the focus area for accurate focusing.
- In response to requests from professional photographers, the X-T2 comes with dual SD card slots, both supporting UHS-2 for faster write speed. The two slots can be set up for “Sequential,” “Backup,” “RAW / JPG” for recording RAW data in Slot 1 and JPEG data in Slot 2, as well as “Video Destination.”
- The rear LCD screen is the X Series’ first three-direction tilting display, which tilts up and down when shooting in landscape, and upward when shooting in portrait. The screen remains positioned on the optical axis of the lens even when tilted, facilitating easy high-angle and low-angle shooting. When not tilted, it fits flush to the body to maintain its streamlined design.
(7) Supporting an appealing lineup of lenses, and perfect match for FUJINON Red Badge zooms
The FUJINON Red Badge zooms – XF16-55mmF2.8 R LM WR, XF50-140mmF2.8 R LM OIS WR and XF100-400mmF4.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR – are the perfect fit for the X-T2. Add the Vertical Power Booster Grip to the body to hold the camera more comfortably.
(8) Supporting tethering*3
- Install the Tether Shooting Plug-in for Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom® / Tether Shooting Plug-in Pro for Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom® to tether the X-T2 to a Mac or Windows computer for remote shooting. You can automatically transfer and save images on the computer, and shoot while checking Live View images (Pro version only) to accommodate the workflow of professional photographers.
*3 Remote shooting with USB and Wi-Fi connectivity will be supported in a future firmware update.
(9) ”Wireless Communication” function for remotely shooting images from smartphones and tablet devices*4
- Download the “FUJIFILM Camera Remote” app (free) onto your smartphone or tablet device and use the Wireless Communication function to transfer photos and videos to the device with easy one-touch operation, or browse photos and videos in the camera from the device to select and download specific images, without having to enter ID or password. The app also allows X-T2 to download location information from your device and attach it to images.
- The app’s “Remote Control” function enables wireless operation of X-T2’s shutter, exposure, etc. from your smartphone or tablet device. The Remote Control function allows you to not only handle basic operations such as Touch AF and Shutter Speed selection, but also adjust a diverse range of shooting settings or even record video remotely. It makes it easy to compose and take a photo from a remote location when shooting a group photo, self portrait or even wildlife in their natural environment.
- Wi-Fi® communication*5 is supported for easy backup of in-camera data on your computer*6.
*4 AndroidTM smartphones / tablets as well as iPhones and iPads
*5 Wi-Fi® is a registered trademark of Wi-Fi Alliance®.
*6 To use this feature, the free software “FUJIFILM PC AutoSave” must be installed on your computer in advance.
- Leather Case “BLC-XT2”
This is a genuine leather bottom case with premium textures. The camera can stay in the case while the battery is replaced. The case comes with a cloth to wrap the camera in when placing it in your bag.
- Hand Grip “MHG-XT2”
This hand grip makes it substantially more comfortable to hold the camera when it is mounted with large-aperture lenses, thereby reducing camera shake. When using a tripod, having this hand grip on the camera provides additional clearance to prevent large-aperture lenses from interfering with a tripod head. The camera’s battery or SD cards can be replaced without having to remove the hand grip. The hand grip’s Arca Swiss plate can be used for quick release with compatible tripods.
Product name Model No. Recommended retail price (excl. tax) Vertical Power Booster Grip <NEW> VPB-XT2 Open Bottom Leather Case <NEW> BLC-XT2 Open Metal Hand Grip <NEW> MHG-XT2 Open Rechargeable battery <NEW> NP-W126S Open Cover kit <NEW> CVR-XT2 Open Shoe Mount Flash <NEW> EF-X500 Open Long eyecap EC-XT L Open Rechargeable battery NP-W126 Open Battery charger BC-W126 Open DC coupler CP-W126 Open AC adapter AC-9V Open M Mount Adapter M MOUNT ADAPTER Open Shoe Mount Flash EF-X20 Open Shoe Mount Flash EF-20 Open Shoe Mount Flash EF-42 Open Grip Belt GB-001 Open Stereo microphone MIC-ST1 Open Remote release RR-90 Open Body Cap BCP-001 Open
4．FUJIFILM X-T2’s main specifications
Model Name FUJIFILM X-T2 Number of effective pixels 24.3 million pixels Image sensor 23.6mm×15.6mm (APS-C） X-Trans CMOS III with primary color filter Sensor cleaning Ultrasonic vibrations using piezoelectric elements Storage media SD memory card / SDHC memory card / SDXC memory card UHS-II*7 Lens mount FUJIFILM X mount Sensitivity Standard ISO sensitivity AUTO (Control available up to ISO12800)
ISO200 – 12800 (1/3 steps) (Standard Output Sensitivity)
Extended ISO sensitivity ISO100/25600/51200 Viewfinder Electronic viewfinder
0.5-inch, approx. 2.36-million dot color LCD viewfinder (Coverage of viewing area vs. capturing area: approx. 100%)
Eye point: Approx. 23mm (from the rear end of the camera’s eyepiece)
Diopter adjustment: -4m-1-+2m-1
Horizontal angle of view: Approx. 31° (Diagonal angle of view: approx. 38°)
Built-in eye sensor
LCD monitor 3.0-inch, aspect ratio 3:2, approx. 1,040K-dot, three-directional tilting color LCD monitor (approx. 100% coverage) Continuous shooting 14.0 fps (with the Electronic Shutter), 8.0 fps (with the Mechanical Shutter)
11.0 fps (with the Mechanical Shutter and when fitted with VPB-XT2)
Movie recording 4K 3840×2160 29.97P/25P/24P/23.98P up to approx. 10 min.
Full HD 1920×1080 59.94P/50P/29.97P/25P/24P/23.98P up to approx. 15 min.
HD 1280×720 59.94P/50P/29.97P/25P/24P/23.98P up to approx. 30 min.
* Use a card with the UHS Speed Class 3 or higher.
Power supply Rechargeable battery NP-W126S (Lithium-ion type) (included) Dimensions / Weight 132.5 mm (W) X 91.8mm (H) X 49.2mm (D) (Minimum depth: 35.4mm)
Approx. 507g (including battery and memory card)
Approx. 457g (excluding battery and memory card)
Standard number of frames per charge*8 Approx. 340 (when mounted with XF35mmF1.4R and shooting in the Normal mode) Accessories included Lithium-ion battery NP-W126S, Battery charger BC-W126, Shoe-mount flash EF-X8
Shoulder strap, Body cap, Metal strap clip, Protective cover, Clip attaching tool, Vertical Power Booster Grip connecter cover,
Hot shoe cover, Sync terminal cover, Owner’s manual, Warranty documents
*7: A list of cards confirmed to be compatible will be uploaded to Fujifilm website (http://fujifilm.jp/support/digitalcamera/compatibility/index.html).
*8: Measured according to the CIPA standards, using the included battery and an SD card. The number of frames that can be taken per charge varies depending on a battery’s charge capacity. This figure is not a guarantee of battery’s working capacity. At low temperatures, the number of frames per charge decreases.
Print your best shot from your smartphone in just 10 seconds
Fujifilm launches instax SHARE Smartphone Printer SP-2
High image quality smartphone printer with new exposure technology
AUGUST 18, 2016
FUJIFILM Corporation (President: Kenji Sukeno) is pleased to announce the release of the “instax SHARE Smartphone Printer SP-2,” the smartphone printer which can print high-quality credit-card sized instant photos from smartphones in just 10 seconds.
In recent years, the number of photos taken by smartphone users has been increasing. Photos are usually shared with friends through SNS such as Facebook and Instagram and people enjoy using filters and editing their favorite photos. In order to meet the rising demand of users wanting to create photos from their smartphones, we introduced the “instax SHARE Smartphone Printer SP-1” in 2014. This product has been well accepted by many with its features that enable users to print instant photos easily anywhere, anytime.
The “instax SHARE Smartphone Printer SP-2” is a newly designed product which has improved image quality compared to that of the “instax SHARE Smartphone Printer SP-1” and new functions to meet users’ preferences and their lifestyle of taking and editing photos with smartphones.
A higher image resolution and contrast are achieved with the adoption of a new exposure system of the “instax SHARE Smartphone Printer SP-2.” Also, the printing time has been shortened by combining the exposure and film output processes. When users send an image to the “instax SHARE Smartphone Printer SP-2” via wireless LAN, they can get photos in just 10 seconds.
In addition, new filters and templates have been added to the creative experience of the free “instax SHARE” app. Using the “Custom filter,” the brightness, contrast and saturation of the image can be adjusted. With the “Collage template, ” two to four images can be combined into one instax photo and with the “Split template, ” one image can be split into two instax photos.
The “instax SHARE Smartphone Printer SP-2” is available in Gold and Silver. From the product design point of view, its body has been refined and finished to create a sophisticated appearance.
The “instax SHARE Smartphone Printer SP-2” demonstrates Fujifilm’s commitment to continuing to expand the world of the instant photo system, “instax mini,” and “instax SHARE” which enables users to enjoy on-the-spot printing of photos, and deliver the fundamental photographic values of “shooting, preserving, displaying, and gifting” photos.
- Product Name
Fujifilm instax SHARE Smartphone Printer SP-2
- Create instax photos by printing images from iPhones and Android™ phones via instax SHARE app.
- Images have a high resolution with print pixels of 800 x 600 dots and 320 dpi to show detailed gradations and the facial expressions of a full-length portrait, character or objects clearly.
- A new laser exposure system achieves a faster printing time of 10 seconds from print data transfer to print output.
- New filters and templates added to the instax SHARE app
- a) Custom filter
Adjust the brightness, contrast and saturation to create original instax photos.
- b) Collage template
Combine two to four images into one photo.
- c) Split template
Transform 1 picture into multiple instax photos.
d ) SNS Template
Template for printing images that were uploaded to a social networking service (SNS).
- e) Real Time template
When the “Real Time Template” is selected and a photo is taken, the date, place, weather, temperature, and humidity are indicated in the frame.
- The simple yet sophisticated design has a modern, sharp shape and rich colors.
- Equipped with a rechargeable battery to charge via micro USB port.
Film Fujifilm Instant Color Film instax mini (available separately ) Film size 86mm x 54mm Picture size 62mm x 46mm Supported image size 800 x 600dots Printing resolution 320dpi Printing levels 256 levels per color (RGB) Interface/Standard compliance IEEE802.11b/g/n
Operation frequency / 2.4 GHz (5 GHz is not supported.)
Access method: Infrastructure
Supported image format JPEG、PNG Printing time Recording – photo output (Feed out) Approx. 10 sec. Power supply NP-45S (1 piece) Approximate printing capacity before battery recharge Approx. 100 prints (Based on Fujifilm test conditions)
* Varies depending on the conditions of use.
Power consumption(per print) 2W Operating temperature ‘+5°C to +40°C/+41°F to +104°F (no condensation) Dimensions & weight 89.5 mm x 131.8 mm x 40 mm (excluding projections)
250 g (without battery and film pack)
- *Android and Google Play are trademarks of Google Inc. iPhone、App Store are trademarks of Apple Inc.
- *Facebook is a trademark of Facebook, Inc. Instagram is a trademark of Instagram, Inc.