Epson Launches Their New Cost Efficient RIPS Technology, It RIPS The Competition.
Epson has been in the forefront of printing technologies for years now if not decades. They are relentless in their pursue in printing technology. They are also not afraid of embracing new technologies to make printing more efficient, more affordable, and more reliable.
Enter their new Epson WorkForce Pro WF-R8591; their latest and greatest in the new wave of business printing work horses. In short, this is the printer your office have been looking for. No it is not a laser printer if you are wondering. It is, in fact an inkjet printer. The ink cartridge, which is Epson’s new Replaceable Ink Pack System (RIPS) holds way more ink than traditional cartridges. Additionally it prints an insane 75,000 pages on one cartridge. The printer itself also consumes about 88% less power than competing laser printers.
With environmental consciousness and green technology being all the rage all these days Epson fits the bill too with this new printer. The WF-R8591 uses 88% less power compared to other competing laser printers as mentioned earlier. It also uses inkjet technology if you read it correctly. Laser printers on the other hand uses toner cartridges that needs to be replaced every so often. Compared to this work horse, traditional laser printers 52 cartridges for a 75,000 pages print compared to a set of 4 RIPS cartridges fitted into the WF-8591. We all also know that laser toner produce filthy waste which is harmful not just to us, but the environment as well. Inkjet printers like this Epson work horse does not, which is way more environmentally friendly. Apparently as well the printer is producing less than 95% of carbon dioxide compared to regular laser printers.
This new Epson WorkForce printer is also fitted with Epson’s new PrecisionCore technology. The new printhead technology will enable high-speed high-volume print jobs at 24 images per minute (ipm) at 600 x 600 dpi resolution. That, and this new printhead is much more durable compared to other thermal printheads. With 400 nozzles on the printhead too, you can be sure that high-definition images will not break a sweat on this new printer.
It is modular too. The standard WF-R8591 comes with 831 sheet tray capacity, but can be upgraded with extra paper cassettes adding 1,000 sheets more to the printer. If you like, you can keep adding the cassettes to add more capacity.
Along with the WorkForce Pro launch, Epson also brought out their new L Series printers with their new ink tank system. The first of the L series is the multi-function compact sized L380, L385 and L485 printers. These printers will print 7,500 pages in colour and 4,500 pages in black and white. The High-performance L605 with offer the lowest cost of duplex printing on an inkjet printer. Each set of ink will offer 6,000 pages in black and white and 6,500 pages in colour. Their flagship L1455 is the largest and most potent of the L series. The L1455 can print on A3 sized paper at the rate of 10 images per minute. Size that down to A4 and it can print up to 18 images per minute. With their new PrecisionCore printheads too,the printer can print up to 4800dpi on 6,000 black and white pages, and 6,500 coloured pages.
The Epson WorkForce Pro WF-8591 will be available this month on retailing at MYR27,380. The L380, L385, L485 retail at MYR698, MYR748, MYR878 respectively. The L605 high-performance printer retails at MYR1,348, and the L1455 retails at MYR3,488. All the L series printer should be available this month onward. Photos and press release after the break.
Epson Disrupts Business Printing
With Cost-Slashing ‘RIPS’ Technology
Epson WorkForce Pro WF-R8591
[Kuala Lumpur, 26 October 2016] – Epson has announced the launch of the Epson WorkForce Pro WF-R8591 printer, which utilises high-capacity ink packs that can hold a far higher volume of ink compared to traditional ink cartridges using its Replaceable Ink Pack System (RIPS), and can help to drastically slash printing costs for businesses.
With a full set of 4 ink packs, the WF-R8591 is able to provide up to 75,000 pages of uninterrupted printing in both black and colour, without replacing the inks. The RIPS system provides the ease-of-use of a cartridge-based system, combined with the high volume printing of an ink tank system, and is a simple yet innovative new way for businesses to save on printing costs.
The high page yields and extremely low-cost per page of the WF-R9591 can help businesses significantly minimise running costs when compared against a laser printer. For the same amount of printing that the WF-R8591 delivers in a single print cycle before refilling its ink packs, a laser printer would require 52 standard toner cartridges. The high volume of printing it is able to deliver for each print cycle also reduces downtime with less frequent supplies replacement cycles.
Furthermore, the WorkForce Pro WF-R8591 requires less use of consumables in its running operations. It only requires four ink pads and one waste ink box for printing, unlike a laser printer which utilises four toners, four PCUs, one fuser and one waste toner box, which can help to bring costs down further, and generates less waste to the environment.
A key differentiator of the Epson WF-R8591 is its impact to the environment. The Epson WF-R8591 consumes less energy than a laser printer as inkjet printers do not use heat in the printing process. The Typical Electricity Consumption of the Epson WF-R8591 is 0.6kwh, which is approximately 88% lower in power consumption compared to a comparative laser printer.
The low energy consumption, coupled with the minimization of waste from the reduced use of consumables, results in reduced carbon dioxide emissions of up to 95% less compared to laser printers.
The Epson WF-R8591 is driven by Epson’s PrecisionCoreTM printhead technology, enabling it to print very high volumes and at high (ISO) speeds of up to 24ipm, at default resolutions of 600 x 600 dpi for both black and colour without needing periodic replacement, unlike the thermal inkjet printheads of competitors.
“The Epson RIPS demonstrates how Epson is always innovating and staying ahead of the curve in this competitive world of high-quality printing,” says Danny Lee, General Manager, Sales & Marketing, Epson Malaysia. “RIPS may sound simple on the surface but the technology is anything but. Customers, who continue to demand the best through our latest proprietary Micro Piezo-based PrecisonCore printheads, can count on the Epson to deliver high performance, high volume and high-quality printing but at a cost effective, environmentally friendly way to meet their most demanding needs.”
- Epson PrecisionCore Printhead – PrecisionCore printheads are a new generation of Epson’s proprietary Micro Piezo high-performance piezoelectric printheads, with the number of nozzles increased to 400 for higher density. High-speed, high-definition printing is made possible through expanding the printable area in a single pass in both monochrome and color printing.
- Flexible, expandable paper handing – The WF-R8591 comes with the standard 831 sheets and can be upgraded with additional paper cassettes to support up to 1,831 sheets input capacity. Papers of different sizes and types can be placed in the different cassettes for automatic selection based on document size or copy originals. In addition, a cabinet can be added for convenient storage of additional paper and spare consumables.
- One-pass duplex ADF scanner – The scanner has a 50-sheet ADF and is equipped with dual CIS sensors for scanning of double-sided documents with a single pass for scan, copy or fax.
- DURABrite Pro Pigment Inks – The WF-R8591 uses a new pigment ink set known as DURABrite Pro that was specially developed for business use. The inks are waterproof, smudgeproof, and are highlighter-resistant with less bleed-through. The inks are also tamper-proof and are suited for printing and safe-keeping of important documents.
- Comprehensive Connectivity – Comprehensive connectivity options include USB 2.0, Ethernet, Wi-Fi, as well as Wi-Fi Direct that allows up to four devices to connect directly to the printer at a time without the need for a router. It also allows its network settings to be remotely changed using the EpsonNet Conﬁg web-based management interface.
- Epson Connect – The WF-R8591 supports Epson Connect, a suite of mobile printing solutions that enables wireless printing and scanning directly from mobile devices.
- Full Security features for enterprise use – Prevent unauthorised usage of the printer with IP address filtering or up to 10 user accounts with Limit Access Function. Prevent confidential documents from being accessed by unauthorised personnel with Secured PIN Release.
- Print job management – Print Job Arranger Lite allows users to merge multiple print jobs and change print settings such as double-sided printing, orientation, colour mode and multi-page layout up to 4-up.Key Specifications
Epson WorkForce Pro WF-R8591
Max Print Resolution 4800 x 1200 dpi Max print speed (draft) 34ppm (Simplex) Max print speed
(ISO 24734 – ipm)
A4 – 24ipm / 16ipm (Simplex / Duplex)
A3 – 13ipm / 11ipm (Simplex / Duplex)
First page out time 5 / 7 sec (Black/Color) Network connectivity Ethernet / Wi-Fi / Wi-Fi Direct Paper Handling 831 / up to 1,831 sheets ADF 50 sheet capacity, One-pass Duplex ADF Fax 33.6KBps, 6MB (approx. 550 page) memory Included Initial ink packs for 75,000 pages are included in the printer
Epson Launches Five New L-series Ink Tank System Printers
[Kuala Lumpur, 26 October 2016] ] – Epson, a world leader in digital imaging and printing solutions, today launched five new ink tank system printer models, adding more features, convenience and choice to the customers. This cements Epson’s position as the brand with the widest selection of ink tank system printers in the market, ranging from A4 to A3+ printers and from monochrome to 6-colours photo printers.
These new L-series printers continues to provide one of the lowest printing costs in the market with extremely high page yield, enabling home offices and small businesses to save on their running costs.
- The multi-function models L380, L385 and L485 ink tank printers bring superior performance and reliable quality, at improved printing speeds of 10 images per minute for black and white, and 5 images per minute in colour, bringing increased productivity. The 3 models offer ultra-high page yields of 7,500 pages in colour or 4,500 pages in black with each set of inks, delivering one of the lowest costs per print in the market. The compact L385 and L485 printers come with wireless connectivity for remote printing, with the L485 bringing added convenience with Wi-Fi Direct, enabling connection with up to 4 devices without a router.
- The high-performance 3-in-1 L605 ink tank system printer, offers one of Epson’s lowest cost of duplex printing on an inkjet printer2, with each set of inks yielding up to 6,000 pages for black and 6,500 pages for colour. Driven by Epson’s PrecisionCoreTM technology, the L605 ink tank printer delivers superior performance and reliable quality, at high print speeds of up to 13.7 images per minute, along with draft print speeds of up to 33 pages per minute for increased productivity. Epson’s printheads are composed of MicroTFP (Thin Film Piezo) print chips with print nozzles enabling precise ink droplets, ensuring the greatest detail and extremely smooth gradations in documents or photographs. The printhead achieves a maximum print resolution of 4800 x 1200 dpi, for high-resolution quality prints. The L605 printer brings convenience with a full suite of connectivity features enabling easy and flexible shared printing and mobile printing. Other convenient features found in the L605 include its built-in fax with a 100-page memory.
- The flagship, EpsonL1455 Ink Tank Printer utilizes the PrecisionCoreTM printheads and is the company’s new L-series ink tank system printer that delivers the lowest running costs3 among the A3 size multifunction printers in the market. The L1455 provides high-speed printing at speeds of up to 18 images per minute for A4 and 10 images per minute for A3 size paper. The L1455 prints black and white documents with razor sharp text that are water and smudge resistant, while offering the lowest printing costs yielding 6,000 pages for black and 6,500 pages for colour for each set of inks. In photo resolution, it can print up to 4800dpi in high quality resolution. Full suite of connectivity solutions make this an ideal duplex printer for the office, featuring the Ethernet, Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Direct and USB 2.0.
Product Model SRP Price SRP Price including GST RM RM L380 658.49 698 L385 705.66 748 L485 828.30 878 L605 1,271.70 1,348 L1455 3,290.57 3,488
Product Model SRP Price SRP Price including GST RM RM WORKFORCE PRO WF-R8591 + 3 years onsite 20,641.51 21,880.00 WORKFORCE PRO WF-R8591 + options + 3 years onsite 25,830.19 27,380.00 Black High Capacity Ink Pack 2,122.64 2,250.00 Cyan High Capacity Ink Pack 3,537.74 3,750.00 Magenta High Capacity Ink Pack 3,537.74 3,750.00 Yellow High Capacity Ink Pack 3,537.74 3,750.00 Maintenance Box 174.53 185.00 Maintenance Roller for cassette 198.11 210.00
Source: Epson Malaysia