Android Lollipop Rollout Update!
We’ve brought you updates regarding the previous Android 5.0 Lollipop updates. Here are a new set of list of devices that will get a taste of the Android Lollipop version soon enough! We have put them in a list like the previous one so that it’s easier for you readers to find if your phone is in the list or not. Anyway, moving on with the list:
- Moto X (2013) to get Android 5.1 Lollipop straight in a few weeks’ time
- Brazil’s Moto X (2nd Gen) gets a test run on Android 5.1 Lollipop
- Moto E to get Android 5.1 Lollipop
- SHIELD Tablet 5.1 OTA will get Android 5.1
- HTC One M7 GPE will get Android 5.1
- One Mini 2 won’t get any updates yet
- Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge getting the latest Android 5.1.1
- Galaxy S4 to get Android 5.0.1 Lollipop (including Malaysia!)
- Available for Samsung Galaxy S4 4G LTE version as well
- Galaxy Note II expected to get some Lollipop update as well, but for selected markets like Morocco, Poland, Denmark, & Portugal for now
- Galaxy Note PRO 12.2 LTE in Switzerland gets Android 5.0.2 Lollipop
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 will not get Lollipops
- Galaxy Tab S 8.4 gets Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on selected regions first
- Galaxy Note 3 LTE (N9005) has received update in Malaysia.
- Nexus 4, 5, 9 (WiFi/LTE), 7 (WiFi, 2012/2013), 10, and Nexus Player gets Android 5.1.1
Most of the updates are somewhat similar: they get upgrades regarding their Material Design interface, have improvements on: performances, Android Running Time (ART) and speed, improved notifications, lock screens update, multitasking improvements, and bug fixes. Some like the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge, along with Moto E, gets updates for their camera. For HTC’s One M7, they have improvements regarding wireless connections as well as HD Voice calling & dual-SIM support.
This time round, it seems that Sony devices and LG devices do not get much updates just yet. We see a fair share of Samsung & Motorola devices being up to date, though. Any of you have started to get the latest software for your phone? If so, what do you think of the new update?